Galgos Españoles del Mundo
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Galgos Españoles del Mundo

Le Forum des galgos espagnols pedigree ( LOF, LOE, LOSH, VDH, RRC, RSR, NHSB, N, S, LOS, SHSB, LOI, FIN, DKK, ... )

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% sur les sacs à dos pour ordinateur ...
Voir le deal
19.99 €

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Marie
Admin
Marie

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? Empty
MessageSujet: which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?   which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? EmptyDim 3 Jan 2016 - 2:50

this is a question I've asked myself watching these pictures on facebook, a galguero published them and I feel like these galgos are champions selected for some upcoming competition event.

these are the aspects of their morphology I focused on:

1°) no tail on the ground
2°) no shoulder higher than the loin and, except for two of them, shoulder are even lower than the loin
3°) no over-stretched rear angulation, all are moderated
4°) the overall construction and size, for both females and males is light, not heavy, and is with moderate high, they are not tall
5°) no sexual dystrophy: the only way to distinguish male from female are the genitals.
6°) different kinds of head-type, but no one got what I call the "borzoi-head type" (only two cranial lines with no stop, with only one angle between crania and muzzle)

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12471410

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12469510

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12489310

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12465910

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12473810

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 88690610

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 10648210

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 10631210

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12484710

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 14127010

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 10604510

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 19332210

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 11218210

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12440310

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12471810

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? 12466010

now I am asking the questions: why the heck, judges still get preferences for endless tail, for borzoi-head type, for big, tall, heavy males (yet, not putting them BOB if a female is entered same day) and why do they not sanction faults as too stretched rear angulations, too tall, wrong top line and high shoulders?

These characteristics are not what the standard asks and they obviously not advantage for the function.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://galgosespanoles.forumgratuit.be
gallo

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?   which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? EmptyDim 3 Jan 2016 - 5:42

I suppose that these are the galgos that are representing for the Copa del Rey which will take place in the next days.
gallo

MessageSujet: Re: which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?   which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? EmptyDim 3 Jan 2016 - 5:45

The quality of the participating galgos (following the standard) was getting better during the last years, because several males with a good morphology were used by the hunters for breeding. In the past, there were more greygos than galgos in the competitions.
Maud
Admin
Maud

MessageSujet: Re: which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?   which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? EmptyDim 3 Jan 2016 - 8:30

I suppose judges don't know well enought the galgo standard and let them mystified by spectacular dogs that flatter the eye :
- long tails because for most of peaple a galgo is only a tail touching the ground (that is not in the standard)
- wrong angulations and diving top back line because it gives spectacular movement
- big dogs to occupate space on the show ring and big males because a male must be virile Laughing
- for the head I don't know why they want to see borzoi heads, may be a trend.

show kills the breeds, as we can see for the poor german sheperd and so many others.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?   which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show? Empty

which aspects of their morphology useful for function is still respected in dog show?
Page 1 sur 1